When to Hire Electricians Toronto
In a lot of cases electrical faults do not just arise without having first showed some warning signs. If these signs are ignored it could lead to electrocution of both human beings and pets as well as fires that could lead to destruction of property.
Some of the symptoms of electrical faults that you need to be aware of and which can be diagnosed and remedied by electrical contractors Toronto include the following:
- Lights that are flickering
When a light is flickering it is an indication that either the bulb is loose or past its usefulness. Sometimes all that is needed is to replace the bulb. But if the problem persists then it’s time to seek the services of an electrical contractor. This is because the problem could be with the wiring which would be dangerous for a layman to try and fix.
- Sparks, smells and heat
Any smell of a burning substance emanating from either a switch, socket or any other electrical outlet is an indication of an electrical fault. Power should be turned off at the electrical panel immediately since it could be signalling the beginning of an electrical fire. A licensed electrician should also be contacted as soon as possible.
Sometimes when a plug is inserted into the socket small sparks may be noticed and this is a normal thing. But in instances where the sparks are anything but tiny and are occurring too frequently then there may be a fault most likely at the circuit or at the outlet. You should also listen out for popping sounds which might be an indication of unsecured wires.
- An unusual warmth or heat emanating from around the light on the ceiling is a sign that there’s a problem with insulation. It could also be a case of a bulb whose maximum wattage as recommended by the manufacturer has been surpassed.
- Shocks and circuit breaker frequently tripping
Electrical wiring that’s been done improperly results in appliances causing tingling or giving mild shock to anyone who touches the appliances. To remedy the fault a licensed electrician should be invited.
- While the function of the circuit breaker is to disconnect the power supply by tripping, tripping too frequently is an indication of an electrical fault. This is especially so in cases where there’s no overload. However circuit breakers that are too old may also exhibit tripping and so to ensure that the problem is not as a result of the circuit itself having aged, you should try connecting the electrical gadget into another circuit to rule out old age.
- Accessing the inside of an electrical panel to sort the problem however is not advisable since even with the circuit breaker having shut off power supply, electricity is still being supplied to the electrical panel. This is why you should hire a qualified technician.
- Electrical faults are not something you can gamble with and be a DIYer especially if you have no electrical background. Such electrical repair jobs should be left to electricians Toronto to ensure the safety of both human beings and property.